Terms and Conditions
Maasai African Travel
Book with Confidence: We want you to book your trip with us with 100% confidence. We know booking a safari can be as stressful as it is exciting! Below is some information to let you know more about who we are and how payments and monies are managed.
Our Reputation is the backbone of Our Business We pride ourselves in providing amazing experiences and exceeding expectations and that is always who we are. We work hard to provide amazing jobs to make sure our reputation is reliable and consistent. You can email us at [email protected] at anytime.
- Bookings and subsequent contracts shall be deemed to have been concluded in Arusha, Tanzania and shall be interpreted according to the laws of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- The Company reserves the right to decline any booking without outlining the reasons for it.
- A 30% deposit is required to secure a booking. This deposit forms part of the payment for the trip and shall be offset to the total amount charged to the client/agent.
- If the full amount is not paid at least four (4) weeks prior to departure, the Company reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled and the deposit shall be forfeited.
- Clients/Agents booking within four (4) weeks of tour departure are required to pay the full amount immediately to secure the reservation.
- All bank charges are to be settled by the client or agent respectively. This includes transaction fees charged by our bank. The amount shown on the invoice is the amount that needs to reflect in our account and should bank charges have been deducted, we would have to invoice you subsequently.
You may cancel your Trip booking at any time before departure. If you wish to cancel, Maasai African Travel and Tour Company Ltd receive notice in writing from you (which can be by e-mail). The effective date of cancellation will be the date such notice is received by Maasai African Travel and Tour Company Ltd. Cancellation fees will be charged as below. The percentages shown are of the Trip Cost. In calculating these cancellation charges, Maasai African Travel and Tour Company Ltd has taken into account possible cost savings and the generation of income from other bookings which may be able to utilize cancelled services to the extent this is likely to be achievable.
|ALL TRIPS CONFIRMED & PAID TO MAASAI AFRICAN TRAVEL AND TOUR COMPANY LTD||CANCELLATION CHARGES|
|56-29 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:||50% of the Trip Cost|
|28-15 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:||75% of the Trip Cost|
|14-0 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:||100% of the Trip Cost|
NOTE: During this time for Civid-19 This policy provides room for flexibility in postponing the trip. In this case, the company do not charge any additional money rather, the client shall be required to top some fund if the season for tourism in between is different i.e booking on low season and postponing to high season.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any tour at its sole and absolute discretion, without prior notification in instances where this is unavoidable. However, in that case, the Company agrees to refund all monies already paid by the client if there is no money has been paid to the third party. This shall be the Company’s sole responsibility to the client and no claim for any damages, howsoever arising, shall accrue against the company.
- It is the client’s sole responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, health certificates, proof of vaccinations and any other documentation required are all in order for the countries to be visited.
- The Company cannot be held liable for any consequences, damages or claims if the client does not attend correctly to the client’s documentation and related matters prior to the commencement of the tour.
- At any time, all baggage and personal effects are at the client’s responsibility and the Company does not accept any liability for any loss or damage of any personal effects, howsoever arising.
- Clients are entitled to one bag of not more than 15 kg in-case of domestic flights (backpack or soft bag – no hardtop suitcase) and a day pack. The Company reserves the right to refuse excess baggage. Please notice that on our tours and on some “bush” flights other baggage regulations may apply.
- The client accepts that all tours are of an adventurous nature and involve an element of personal risk. Neither the Company nor any of its agents can be held liable in any way for any injury, loss of life or damage to property, howsoever caused. The client hereby indemnifies the Company and will hold the Company, its agent, assigns and servants harmless from any such claim.
- The client accepts full responsibility for all risks involved.
- The decisions of the Company’s guide/driver on tour shall at all times be final and binding.
- The client must at all times comply with the laws, customs and foreign exchange regulations of all countries visited.
The Company reserves the right to use any photographs and videos taken during tours for marketing or any other advertising material. The client hereby gives consent to use such photographs and authorizes the Company to retain the copyright for these photographs and such material.
Unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to war, mechanical breakdowns, weather, riots and other unforeseen reasons beyond the control of the Company may cause delays or alterations to the tour. The Company shall not be held liable in any way for any of these possible occurrences or any consequences, which may arise as a result of these.
All our prices are based on the current national park fees and taxes. There have been ongoing talks that East African countries will be undergoing changes to tax regulations in 2020 – 2025. Should the authorities decide on increasing fees and taxes, even though they might currently not be scheduled, we would subsequently have to pass on these increases.